Six Four Four Paper Wishes

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes is one of the first stories I remember my mum reading to me when I was a littlun. What makes it more sentimental is that its a non-fiction storybook teaching the kids about one of the many human mistakes made in the past- the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War Two.
This adaptation of Sadako Saskis' life is written by Eleanor Corr, and Corr illustrates the hope raised through the terror of the bombings in all human souls in Japan. Sadako puts her life in the wings of the thousand paper cranes. Sadly she died after only making six four four paper cranes.
This is where the inspiration for Six Four Four Paper Wishes stems from, its the visual representation of a Sadako Sasaki amongst her wasted paper oragamis. Its a whimsical and pastel coloured laiden photography shoot. It's the waste of a beautiful life amongst such beautiful cranes.

(I have made no where near 1000 paper cranes, I'm only up to about 78)




Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket