Mary Poppins Out and About


Another day on the streets. Flyers posted in IGA Hilton and Melville, 'The Local' cafe in Hilton, 'Sweet Ginger' cafe in Hilton, Murdoch University (lots), 'Hubble Street' cafe in East Fremantle, '2 Timing' Recycled Fashion shop in East Fremantle, 'Off the Wall' in Fremantle, 'Blink' cafe in Fremantle, 'Moores Building' Cafe in Fremantle, one or two other cafes along the way and 'Book Caffe' in Swanbourne. Whew!

I've been watching the old Mary Poppins movie with my daughter, and fell in love with Mary's carpet bag. I wanted one - and this morning I found it. Not sheik, more geek, but I love quirky things. I wonder if I can pull all sorts of things out of it? Now I want an umbrella that takes me into the air ... that would be fun. Returned home to find an email from a vintage seller coming in from Sydney! She's traded at Bondi and Glebe Markets but is now coming home - done the same thing myself a couple of times over the years.

Maureen celebrated her birthday yesterday, is now in Washington steeped in history. It will give her a rest before hitting New York, her next destination. Time for me to make some gorgeous journals so off the airways for a couple of days. Next week I will start blogging stallholders and swishing details.